University of Groningen, Campus Fryslân
FOUNDATION AND KEY FACTS ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN
- Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen is an internationally oriented university with a rich academic tradition.
- It currently ranks in or around the top 100 on several influential ranking lists.
- The university has brought forward striving academics, like the first female student, the first Dutch astronaut and various Nobel prize winners.
- Currently, the are more than 35.000 students at the University of Groningen and the international staff covers more than 120 nationalities.
- Campus Fryslân is the eleventh and newest faculty of the University of Groningen, located at a dedicated branch campus in Leeuwarden, in the province of Fryslân.
- Teaching at Campus Fryslân has an interdisciplinary character.
- Award-winning study programs such as the BSc Global Responsibility & Leadership prepare students to connect global challenges and local solutions with the objective of achieving positive societal impact.
- The inter- and transdisciplinary research at Campus Fryslân is devoted to the themes Governance, Sustainable Economy, Culture, Language and Technology, Data Science and Sustainable Health.
Prof. Dr. Caspar van den Berg
- Professor in Global and Local Governance
- Member Dutch Council for Public Administration
- Dean Metropolis Programme, Dutch School for Public Administration
- Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Public Administration, Leiden University
Dr. Oskar J. Gstrein, LLM, MA
- Assistant Professor in Governance and Innovation
- Member Data Research Centre – Campus Fryslân
- External Lecturer Europa-Institut, Saarland University
- Research Fellow, Institute for Technology and Society, Rio de Janeiro
Dr. Indira van der Zande
- Programme Director University College Fryslân
- Research Ethics Committee member Isala hospital (Zwolle) University College Fryslân Representative at the University College Academics Network of the Netherlands (UCANN)
- Expert for Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education